THE CAPITOL STEPS Play Limited Summer Run
in the Berkshires
55 Lee Road, Route 20, Lenox, MA 01240
Summer Fun! The Capitol Steps are coming to the Cranwell Spa and Golf Resort, located in the heart of the Berkshires, for a limited summer engagement.
Stop trying to make sense of the election and instead help us make fun of it! The Donald, Hillary, Bernie, Barack — all will be here at the Cranwell when the Capitol Steps present their newest show, "What to Expect When You're Electing."
While the laughs are unlimited, this is a strictly limited engagement that will play through September 2.
Performances: July 1 through September 2
- Monday & Wednesday–Sunday, shows at 8:00pm
- (No performances on Tuesdays)
- Show duration: 90 minutes.
Box Office: (413) 881-1636. You can purchase tickets online here.
Press Clippings: You can't buy coverage like this. (We know, we've tried!)
- "This political season, you need to laugh" — Berkshire Eagle (August 2016)
- "Political roller coaster ride" — Berkshire On Stage and Screen (July 2016)
- "Not tip-toeing around the issues" — cast member Bari Bern tells all (or does she?) in this recent podcast on Greylock Glass (July 2016)
- "Hysterically hot material" — Berkshire Edge (July 2016)
- "Frivolous and fun, even if one ponders how America got this way" — Westfield News (July 2016)
- "Golden Year in Political Satire" — interview with cast member Jack Rowles — In The Spotlight (June 2016)
- "Those Singing and Dancing Political Candidates" — Westfield News (June 2016)
- "No One is Safe" — Berkshire Eagle (8/19/2015)
- "A Great Year for Satire" — Berkshire HomeStyle Magazine (August 2015)
- "A delicious off-the-wall sensibility that thoroughly entertains" — Berkshire Bright Focus (7/14/2015)
- "Doing their thing" — Interview with cast members on WAMC Roundtable (7/15/2015)
- "Ten theatre events you can't miss this summer" — PRIME Magazine
- "The Capitol Steps Take the Money and Run Amok" — Rural Intelligence
- "Sharp as Ever" — Berkshire Eagle
- "I laughed so hard and so often that I forgot to write anything down..." — Berkshire Bright Focus
- "...a 90-minute, non-stop, laugh-a-thon..." — In the Spotlight
A Closer Look: The Capitol Steps will perform songs from their newest album, What to Expect When You're Electing, and although the material is subject to changes in the headlines and the scandals of the day, current songs include both political and non-political stories:
- If There Were No Rich Men
- Shut Up and Vote for Me
- Deleter of the Facts
- Trump Acres
- Apple vs. the FBI
- Lirty Dies! And more!
The Capitol Steps — we put the MOCK in Democracy!
We’ll see you in the Berkshires!